We have a current opening for a Business Analyst/Documentation Specialist to support a large government contract in McLean, VA with travel to customer site (Washington, DC) as needed.
Dovel Technologies, LLC has an immediate need for a Business Analyst/Documentation Specialist who will work with the project team to ensure high quality delivery of a mission-critical application.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assists Lead BA in gathering and documenting system requirements
- Updates and/or creates project related documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), installation instructions, training materials, test reports, meeting minutes, Visio diagrams, spreadsheets, presentations and other artifacts as necessary.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes technical information.
- Maintains requirements artifacts (including Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)) and requirements change log
- Creates wireframes to demonstrate understanding of requirements
- Prepares for and assists with customer demonstrations
- Prepares and submits weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical users. Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Authors user guides and other required documentation for system user training.
- Maintains project artifacts repository in SharePoint
- Performs occasional system testing
Essential Skills: The “Must Haves”
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques and tools
- Ability to conduct and/or support requirements gathering or JAD sessions
- Ability to create and edit requirements artifacts including, but not limited to, user stories, use cases, etc.
- Strong ability to analyze customer feedback and convert it into functional or technical requirements documentation
- Familiarity with Configuration Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Skilled at prioritizing and completing tasks of multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Demonstrated writing proficiency for multiple audiences and in multiple modes (reports, meeting minutes, presentations, emails, technical specifications, proposals)
- Demonstrated editing and quality assurance proficiency
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- User knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical documentation knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritize and operate with multiple competing priorities
- Experience supporting an Agile delivery contract
- Self-starter, growth oriented
- Experience with Visio and wireframes/graphics creation software
- Experience with the Security Exchange Commission (SEC) and possess associated clearance
Preferred Skills: The “Nice to Haves”
- PMP and/or PBA certification
- Familiarity with Oracle products a big plus